Monday, September 20, 2010

August 23,2010 What a Day!!! (III)




The evening was coming to an end, we had our first visitors.  From left to right, around the table, we have cousin Illea ,cousin Jackie, auntie Pilla, Jochebed and the birthday girl, Abigail.
                                               

Abigail, Cousin Jackie and Cousin Andrea
                
Jackie and Abigail 
                              Jackie is the first born in her family and the second oldest of the girls in the Lugo's Tribe. She is her fathers right hand and enjoys pleasing her parents. Jackie has such a BIG heart. Thanks for coming and bringing Nathen along.

 What can I say about these three" amigos". They have the best of stories to say, growing up together. All mamma can say is that, they taught Abigail to be a pioneer girl.  Cousin Nathen, Abigail and Cousin G.J. Our prayer is that they put God first in everything they do. We closed the evening with some songs that Abigail really enjoys and we had cousins joining in. L to R Christopher, Nathen G.J., Abigail, Jackie, Jochebed and Javier.
                     BE THOU MY VISION


Be Thou my Vision, O LORD of my heart;                          Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise,
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art-                       Thou mine inheritance, now and always;
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,                           Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.                         High King of heaven, my Treasure Thou art.


Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true word;                   High King of heaven, my victory won,
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;                    May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heav'n's Sun!
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;                                 Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.                          Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.    
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Just a Closer Walk with Thee  

 1.I am weak, but Thou art strong; Jesus keep me from all wrong;
I'll be satisfied as long As I walk, let me walk close to Thee. REF.

2.Thro' this world of toil and snares, If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares? None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee. REF.

3.When my feeble life is o'er, Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently safely o'er To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.REF.

REF. Just a closer walk with Thee,                                               
        Grant it, Jesus, is my plea, 
         Daily walking close to Thee,
        Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.                                                                                


We had such a good time singing that night.  Like Ephesians 5:19 says Speaking to YOURSELVES in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your HEART to the LORD; 
And Colossians 3:16 Says, Let the word of  Christ dwell IN YOU richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing ONE ANOTHER  in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your HEART to the LORD.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!

Anonymous said...

how are you?

Looking forward to your next post

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am really glad to discover this. Good job!